Tuesday 17 September 2013

Top Ten Tips To Budgeting # 9 Baking At Home

Baking at home:

We have all done it, grabbed a packet cake of the shelf or stocked up on biscuits just because we felt lazy,
BUT

have you ever done a cost analysis on pre bought baking to home cooked baking, it will blow your mind.

I am not talking about lavish baking such as













I am talking about your average chocolate, banana, vanilla or coffee cake, you easy peasy biscuits that you could throw together in your sleep, and don't always have to iced or prettied up heck some you could eat straight from the bowl, the dough is so delicious, your muffins of 100 different kinds, that hide all the things your kids never knew that were in there.




















Combining all we have learnt from the previous threads, we can contribute all cheap things that we have brought, processed ourselves and then added to our store cupboard and we can then use them in our baking recipes, such as

  • Nuts
  • Vegetables
  • Fruits
  • Seeds
  • Cheeses
and create masterpieces, that will make your family proud to take the lid off their lunch boxes and show their baking off to the world.

Over the years, I have contributed a lot of my recipes to many threads, but the main thread I contributed through was a baking one, and it was started to try and encourage others to home bake.

I am a qualified baker and self taught budgeter and I have managed a busy supermarket  bakery for many years, I now have traded in my baking hat for a more exciting role, I am Sole Coordinator for our local Meals on Wheels Service that we provide here in our small community, that keeps me busy, as my role is everything from

  • Recipe Planning
  • Budgeting
  • Dietician Input
  • Submissions
  • Planning the shop
  • Preparing the meals
  • Cooking
  • Presentation
  • Administration
It is such a rewarding job and it is something I am very passionate about, and that helps me keep going, and the elderly still need someone to love and look after them and make sure they are eating correctly for their dietary needs and plus in our case  for our small community it helps keep them in their own homes, without having to go into care, which most of them do not want to go too.

So my self taught skills are something I have been able to take into my working career as well, and its something I love to share with others.

Over the 7 years I have contributed to the message boards I love, One of the team members Jaxma has compiled a few of recipe books which include everyone's submissions not just mine alone, into creating a baking only recipe book.

I cannot take credit for this but I am sure they will not mind me sharing it on here, as everyone receives the credit of submission as their names are mentioned beside their contributed recipe.
I am KOB on the messageboard so any recipe you see that have KOB beside them are my submissions.

Please enjoy their contributions and try out some of the recipes, they truly are wonderful and you will be amazed at what you can create for next to nothing.
These booklets are Nz copyrighted, so look, print out the odd recipe, share it with your family and friends,  but do not take the book as the credit for these booklets goes to Jaxma's.










.


No comments:

Post a Comment