Tuesday 21 January 2014

Trina's Progress - Week Two On '' The Low Carb Diet

If you have been following my progress over the last week you will know that I decided that I would do this food plan for 6-7 weeks to see if I could shed a few kg's.
You normally loose 6-7 kg in the first two weeks on ''Phase One'' as they call it.

I have previously done the ''Low Carb Diet'' about 10 years ago and it was very successful, but I was always constipated and towards the end lacked energy and suffered from headaches, and as I am a migraine sufferer I gave up.

But I put that down to not drinking water- I hate it, can't stand it, never have never will
And I was not getting enough fibre in my system
And I was not exercising regularly.

So this time around I am doing it differently, and I have survived two weeks with

Minor Headaches
No Constipation
No Withdraws
No Cheating ( Not cheating, but the best choice I could make)

Did I have lunch out -

Yes I chose the Bacon Sandwich without the bread, and had an oil dressing
But the one I was doubtful about although it was the best choice was deep friend Camembert in Paco crumbs

Did I have dinner out- 

No




Weight Loss- 700 grams

Best tip for the week:

Be Prepared, have food ready at all times, so your not tempted to renege.

Food For The Second Week:

Breakfasts:


Eggs, Eggs, Eggs, 

Eggs until your sick of them,
You can have them poached, fried, scrambled, as an omelette with bacon how ever you like them, 


These are and were fab

Sausage Meat and Egg Muffins

                                                                    Uncooked



                                                                             

                                                                    Cooked




Recipe:

I blended some sausage meat with chopped spring onion and a dash of Watties barbecue sauce and mixed, then pressed about a good tablespoon into each greased muffin circle and made a hollow in middle pressing meat mixture up the sides.
Then I mixed 3 eggs with 1/2 cup cream and whisked and poured over top of meat, and cooked for 20-30 minutes.


Stuffed Mushrooms 

Stuffed Mushrooms for breakfast- yep you heard me right.
They are delicious:






To make, you need 6 flat mushrooms
Ingredients:

1/4 cup of Cottage Cheese
3 Tablespoons of Feta Cheese
1 Chopped tomato
1 Tablespoon of chopped spring onion
A few pepper strips, any colour
and 1 teaspoon of Basil Pesto

Combine and place on top of the mushrooms, and garnish with S&P and some green spring onion leaves.

I keep 2 in the fridge and freeze the other 4.
When you need them grill for 5-10 minutes under a low grill, these are delicious.

Feta Topped Tomotoes




                                                              The uncooked product




                                                                 The cooked product

These are quite unique but yummy as a breakfast food, when you cannot look at another egg.


To make these.

2 Tomatoes
4 Tablespoons of Feta Cheese
1 teaspoon of Basil Pesto
Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
Spring onion Greens To garnish

Bake for 20 minutes in a low oven
These keep for 2-3 days covered and then just microwave when you want them, or you could cook them fresh when required.

Lunch

I had to go out to friends places for a lunches this week, so I invented a Pizza recipe.

Sausage Meat Pizza

                                                                      Uncooked







                                                                        Cooked





                                                                           
Recipe:

I used the same sausage meat mixture as above and just layered as many pizza topping ingredients as i had, baked it on a tray and it was actually quite nice, I took it out twice and heated in the microwave.


Snacks:

Nuts Nuts

These kept me at bay a couple of times, but when I did feel peckish I grabbed a handful of nuts






There are Brazil, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, and are very filling.
25 grams was 2.4 carbs, so I tried not to over indulge.


Carrot Sticks






Having these cut up and handy in the fridge was awesome, I could nibble while I was cooking tea.


Celery With Peanut Butter








Diabetic Jelly

If I craved something sweet this got me through just a few tablespoons full of any flavour, I had it ready in the fridge and could have it night or day.



Drinks

Black Coffee & Tea
Herbal Tea's as long as they didn't have fruit sugar sweeteners, I love the Healtheries Licorish one

6 Glasses of yukky water a day ( most days I would do 4)
Sprite Zero


Dinners:

I had my normal dinners, as long as it wasn't anything coated in breadcrumbs, or had chips, potatoes or pasta or anything with sugar in it.
I then had more vegetables or omitted veges and had a huge salad, with the works on it.
And chose a dressing that had very little carbs, such as Eta's yogurt and garlic dressing.

Exercise:

I tried to do at least 20 minutes a day, but only achieved this 3 days out of the 7 this week and I think that is what lowered my weight loss.


Well that is it for week two, stay tuned for week three.


No comments:

Post a Comment