Tuesday 26 November 2013

Home Made Baby Wipes

Baby Wipes

Baby wipes


The recipe I am proudest of is my baby wipes recipe.
Initially I wanted to get rid of all those chemicals being wiped onto our baby’s bottoms, when I had my first two children in the 80s. 

All our mothers and Nanas simply used moistened squares of muslin cloth and washed them afterwards. 

First I made these with kitchen towels but after testing on the boys they weren’t quite tough enough for heavy duty. And I also thought a recyclable option would be good too. 

One of my friends kindly suggested I use rolls of Chux cloths which you can buy for $15 at some bulk bin stores. 

You can then wash the cloths and reuse them. 
So here are two options to try. The witch hazel is a fantastic antiseptic, which has a great effect on itchy or inflamed skin and the rosewater not only smells great but is also antibacterial and antiseptic. 

In Morocco they pour it on their hands to wash them. 
It also balances out the pH levels on the skin.

½ cup water
1 tbsp rosewater
1 tbsp witch hazel


Pour a little of the mixture into the bottom of a plastic container with an airtight lid. 
Rip up a few small kitchen towels or Chux cloths and place them in the bottom of the container and pour a little more of the liquid every time you have about 10 towels laid down. 
Continue layering until you have soaked all the clothes and put on the lid. 
For travel packs you can simply pop a few in a zip lock bag and pour some of the mixture in.

No comments:

Post a Comment