Monday 30 September 2013

Wedding Anniversaries And Their Traditional Gift Guide

Have you ever wondered what you would've received for your Wedding Anniversary back in the old days like say our Grandparents, if everything was still old fashioned and traditional.

Its my sons 2nd Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday october 1st and I thought I would go back to traditional and see what I should buy them.






So here is the list and a few ideas to go along with it as well.

For their 2nd anniversary it was cotton so Farmers in the weekend had 60% of manchester/ table linens items, so I got them some Cotton Table Napkins, something special they can bring out when they have dinner guests, instead of a packet of serviettes that normally get chucked on the table still in their wrapping.

I've just celebrated my 22nd  Wedding Anniversary ( unofficially 28 yrs married 22 yrs ) so that would've been Cooper or Orchids for 28.


                                           Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gift List

Anniv.Gift
1stPaper
2ndCotton
3rdLeather
4thFruit, flowers
5thWood
6thSugar
7thCopper, wool
8thBronze, pottery
9thPottery, willow
10thTin
11thSteel
12thSilk, linen
13thLace
14thIvory
15thCrystal
20thChina
25thSilver
30thPearl
35thCoral
40thRuby
45thSapphire
50thGold
55thEmerald
60thDiamond


No comments:

Post a Comment